APPLICATION FOR STUDENT’S REGISTRATION
Application for registration as a student must be made on-line. Every applicant will be required to producesatisfactory evidence of his/her name, age and character together with certified photocopies of educational certificates and two certified passport size photographs.
The Council reserves the right to grant or refuse any application or to terminate the registration of a student. Applicants must comply with the conditions set forth and must pay the registration fee in force at the date of application. If the application to register is unsuccessful, the registration fee is not refundable.
In order to register as a student with the Institute, an applicant must hold a qualification not below University degree or its equivalent.
The Council has accepted the following qualifications for the purpose of entry requirements:
- The degree of any University or Higher National Diploma of any Polytechnic accredited by the Council.
- Any other qualification for the time being approved by the Council.
Approved meanwhile are:
- The final examination of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- The final examination of the former Corporation of Secretaries.
- The final examination of the Association of International Accountants
- The final examination of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria
- The final examination of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers
- The final examination of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria
- The final examination of the Association of Accounting Technicians, U.K.
- The final examination of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Executive Management Accountancy (Federal Treasury Training School, Stage III)
- The final examination of Accounting Technicians Scheme, West Africa (ATSWA).
STEPS TO FOLLOW
- Obtain PIN voucher from Zenith/Fidelity Bank with N7,000
- Use the information on the PIN voucher to log-on ICAN website.
- Click on to Students’ Professional Registration and fill your data on the form.
- Obtain a coloured passport photograph of yourself, scan the passport photograph on the form.
- Click twice on submits to submit the application on-line.
- Print out a copy of the application form.
- Append your signature
- Get a chartered accountant as your referee/sponsor.
- Provide his/her membership number, name and phone number.
- Take the printed copy of the completed application form and the photocopy of your credentials to your Referee/Sponsor for certification.
- Students using AAT result should pay N23,500 being the cost of Induction/Conference and attach the photocopy of the receipt to the form.
- Attach the following:
- ORIGINAL COPY OF THE PIN VOUCHER
- TWO COPIES OF CERTIFIED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH
- THREE SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPES WITH N50. STAMP AFFIXED ON EACH OF THEM.
- ORIGINAL COPY OF THE BANK TELLER.
IF YOU ARE USING TRANSCRIPT IN PLACE OF NYSC, SUCH TRANSCRIPT SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO THE REGISTRAR/CHIEF EXECUTIVE OF THE INSTITUTE.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED UNTIL AFTER TWO YEARS OF REGISTRATION.
CONDITIONS TO BE SATISFIED
Every applicant for registration as a student must satisfy the Council that:
- He/she is not less than 18 years of age;
- He/she possesses the basic educational qualifications set out above; and
- He/she is a fit and proper person to be registered.
STRUCTURE OF THE SYLLABUS
The professional examination of the Institute under the new syllabus consists of the following four levels:
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- Corporate and Business Law
- Economics and Business Environment
- Costing and Quantitative Techniques
- Audit and Assurance
- Business Communication and Research Methodology
PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATION I
- Information Technology
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Advanced Audit and Assurance
PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATION II
- Public Sector Accounting and Finance
- Financial Reporting and Ethics
- Strategic Financial Management
- Advanced Taxation