ENTRY REGULATIONS AND REGISTRATION
Entry for the Examination is open to all members of the public.
An applicant shall be eligible to register as a student if
– He/she is not below the age of 18
– He is a fit and proper person to be registered
– He/she possesses at least one of the following qualifications.
- Senior Secondary Certificate of Examination (SSCE) / General Certificate of Examination (GCE) with 3 credits and at least a pass in either English or Mathematics.
- Ordinary National Diploma / Certificate from a recognised Institution.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE)
- Teachers Grade II Certificate
– Mature Students (not less than 25 years and proficient in reading and writing English Language). Such applicant must however support his/her application with evidence of a minimum of five (5) years employment in the FIRS or SIRS.
TTS REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
Application for admission to student membership must be made on the prescribed form, which is obtained with a sum of N2,500. On submission an applicant is to pay N2,500 processing fee and N2,000 Building Fund fee.
TTS registration Form may be downloadable from the institute website at http://www.citn.org/
The Institute offers exemption from Part I for a candidate with a Diploma in Taxation.
TTS EXAMINATION PERIOD AND CENTRES
The examinations are normally held twice each year in April and October, at the following Examination Centres – Abuja, Benin, Enugu, Ibadan, Kaduna, Kano, Lagos and Port Harcourt.
Entry for the Institute’s examinations is open to all registered students.
STRUCTURE OF THE SYLLABUS The TTS examinations of the Institute under the new syllabus consist of the following three levels:
- TTS I
Introduction of Taxation
General Principles of Law
- TTS II
Introduction to Nigerian Tax System
Management Information Systems
- TTS III
Fundamentals of Tax Audit
Introduction to Indirect Taxation
Economics and Public Finance
TTS Syllabus may be downloadable from the institute website at http://www.citn.org/